- Log into My Big Campus and make sure that you responded to the whole question in the posted discussion titled, "What most schools don't teach".
- What was the most surprising thing you heard in the film?
- Do you agree that everyone should learn this skill (why / why not)?
- Did the life of a programmer look appealing to you at all (why / why not)?
- Bonus: If you are interested in a career in programming, what field would you like to work in? (eg: Game Development, Web Design, App development, IT, Medicine, Software engineering, etc.)
Agenda Part 1: Programming concepts
- Bell ringer
- Log into Google Apps. Keep it open in a tab.
- Watch this!!!! Click here to join our class and STOP!!! Did you Watch this?
- Stage 1: Introduction to Computer Science
- Stage 2: The Maze
- Stage 5: The Artist
Visual Design Bonus:
- Optional Visual design bonus - Option 1: Make your blog #awesome \o/
- Optional Visual design bonus - Option 2: PSA Poster
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will use the relationship between color, typography, layout, and tone to design for a specific audience and purpose.
-  You will employ good typography and color theory to design for impact and readability.
-  You will develop an understanding of programming & computational concepts.
-  You will develop fluency with computational concepts (i.e. sequence, loops, events) and practices (i.e. iterative and incremental development, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing).