Pull up Tynker and show your partner your progress and the coolest thing you've made (maybe the flying dragon?). Haven't started Tynker???? Get your partner to help you get into that app and get started on the lessons.
- Go complete the "Tynker" Section of Module 4.
- If you get stuck, ask the monster, then ask your partner, then try Edmodo, then raise your hand.
- If you get stuck on the Dragon, try this...
- Go participate in this discussion, "Games, gamification, & the future", to prepare for our next module.
- For extra credit awesomeness, You can turn your response either discussion into a blog post. Be sure to embed the video in your blog and edit your response in such a way that Fred Farkle in Topeka, Kansas understands your post without reading my questions.
Bonus Work Agenda:
Visual Design Bonus:
- Visual design bonus - Option 1: Make your blog #awesome \o/
- Visual design bonus - Option 2: PSA Poster
- To complete the above, you may need to review:
- Bonus: Try some challenges in Scratch or Tynker if your more comfy with that.
- Super Bonus: Complete two lessons in Code Academy. Sign in with Google!!! (Yeah that's double bonus points!)
Did you do all of that?? Really? Awesome! Go check out App-a-week.
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will use the relationship between color, typography, layout, and tone to design for a specific audience and purpose.
-  You will employ good typography and color theory to design for impact and readability.
-  You will develop an understanding of programming & computational concepts.
-  You will develop fluency with computational concepts (i.e. sequence, loops, events) and practices (i.e. iterative and incremental development, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing.)
-  You will participate regularly in an online social environment for the purpose of professional and academic growth.
-  You will familiarize yourself with a host of online applications for productivity and creativity.