Be awesome for the sub.
Open a Google doc, call it "yearbook", and pick one or two and respond:
- Okay, what is the oddest or most funny or most awkward thing you've experienced here at the Middle School this year so far? Tell it like you would a story at lunch.
- What is your favorite cafeteria meal? Why?
- What is the best / most random thing you've heard someone say in class this year so far?
- Describe yourself in one word.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 Years?
- If you had to choose a spirit animal, what would yours be and why?
- What is the most memorable lesson / class you experienced so far this year? What was the topic? Who was teaching? What made it so memorable?
- Is there anything else about life here at SGAMS or your school year that you would like to share?
- You may choose one of the following options. For the rest of the marking period, you will work on a project / app of your choice. You will need a "design basics" project to get started:
- CAD & Rapid Prototyping
- Drawing a house
- Get a Sample Floorplan to cheat from
- Import and prep your floorplan
- Drawing your exterior walls
- Drawing your Interior Walls
- Push Pull Walls into 3d
- Cutting your windows and doors
- Sustainable Design: Using Components Part 1 (of 3)
- More coming soon...
- Simple Flashing your windows in Sketchup
- Sketchup for Schools (Web App) & 3d Printing
- Drawing a house
- Intro to Game Design
- Programming Concepts
- Visual Design Basics
- Multi-media Basics
NO, the agenda does not say, play a random game in game alley... so, DON'T...
-  You will familiarize yourself with a host of online applications for productivity and creativity.
-  You will plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project.
-  You will select and use computer applications effectively and productively.
-  You will apply existing knowledge to create original works to complete a project.
-  You will be able to determine and use the appropriate technology tool(s) for the task at hand in a manner that allows seamless transfer of created objects and documents to flow easily between the selected tools without outside intervention."