- Log into Google Apps. Keep it open in a tab.
- Log into My Big Campus. Give feedback to someone else on their Portfolio header using this checklist:
- Did they use all one font? (YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO USE ONE FONT)
- Did they use at least two variants of the font (eg: hairline, bold, italic, black, etc)?
- Did they avoid bright neon colors?
- Did they resize NOT stretch their type?
- If I had to draw a shape around it, what would the shape be?? (describe the shape if it is not a normal shape).
Agenda Part 1: Visual design
- Bell ringer
- Typography in Illustrator (also works in Photoshop) (Follow Along and do what I do!) - font list
- Intro to Photoshop (Follow Along and do what I do!)
- Choosing the right toolio for the job, yo!
- Supersize it (in Ps & Ai)
- Preset Manager
- Snagging some free Photos
- Visual design project : PSA Poster
- Optional Visual design bonus - Make your blog #awesome \o/
Agenda Part 2: Cracking the code
- Go to My Big Campus and participate in the posted discussion titled, "What most schools don't teach". Once in My Big Campus, gveraeok!! (...sorry Klingon Tourettes...) you will need to join the "Seventh Grade CIT" group.
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will use the relationship between color, typography, layout, and tone to design for a specific audience and purpose.
-  You will employ good typography and color theory to design for impact and readability.
-  You will develop an understanding of programming & computational concepts.
-  You will develop fluency with computational concepts (i.e. sequence, loops, events) and practices (i.e. iterative and incremental development, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing).