- Tell your partner 3 ways to make your images look better in stuff you design, from slides to posters to websites.
- Tell your partner 3 ways to make your type (use of fonts etc.) look better in stuff you design.
Agenda Part 1: Visual design
- Bell ringer
- Finish the whole agenda from last class if you have not.
- If you didn't do it already - Intro to Illustrator (Follow Along and do what I do!)
- Typography in Illustrator (also works in Photoshop) (Follow Along and do what I do!) - font list
- Intro to Photoshop (Follow Along and do what I do!)
- Optional Visual design bonus - Option 1: Make your blog #awesome \o/
- Optional Visual design bonus - Option 2: PSA Poster
Agenda Part 2: Cracking the code
- Go to My Big Campus and participate in the posted discussion titled, "What most schools don't teach".
- Go to http://learn.code.org/join and enter your class code to join. Make sure to select your gender when you sign up. This is important.
- This week in App-a-week: Adobe Photoshop.
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will use the relationship between color, typography, layout, and tone to design for a specific audience and purpose.
-  You will employ good typography and color theory to design for impact and readability.
-  You will develop an understanding of programming & computational concepts.
-  You will develop fluency with computational concepts (i.e. sequence, loops, events) and practices (i.e. iterative and incremental development, testing and debugging, reusing and remixing).