Choose your favorite video game, board game, or sport and identify:
- “What do you do in the game?” (mechanics: collecting, shooting, throwing, solving)
- “How do you win the game?” (what is your goal?)
- “What limitations have you given players to make it more challenging?" (What are the rules of the game?)
- “Describe the game space.” (top-down, platformer, tabletop, grid, floor, etc.)
- “What do you use to play the game?” (components: dice, cards, ball, portal gun, mining pick etc.)
Write it down, discuss with your partner, and be prepared to share. Bonus: This would make a great blog post.
- Check that you've completed items 1-4 from our last agenda.
- Blogs, Privacy, AUP, & Non-permission letters
- Then complete Episode 5 and post a link to your game on Edmodo.
- You may begin an independent project.
Extra Time & Bonus Quests
- Your first bonus quest: Answer these questions for one of the serious games found here or a game you play often at home or both. Write your post on your blog and link to it on Edmodo.
- Complete an open challenge or contest from the workshop.
- The new Promo... Buy your yearbook!!!
-  You will learn & apply problem solving skills related to computer, application and network problems (FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY).
-  You will use online resources, such as the agenda, wiki, and videos, to guide & initiate your work (INITIATIVE AND SELF-DIRECTION).
-  Your work will remain focused on the tasks at hand and try to solve your own problems with the online resources and your seat partner (PRODUCTIVITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY).
-  You will use online networks to assist classmates and demonstrate appropriate & professional communications (LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY).
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will participate regularly in an online social environment for the purpose of professional and academic growth.
-  You will familiarize yourself with a host of online applications for productivity and creativity