Last time, you should have read this and watched this. Using information from either of those sources, tell your partner two good reasons to learn game design that are not one of the following:
- It will teach me to be a programmer.
- I want to be a game designer.
- Bell ringer
- Gamestar Mechanic is working better in Internet Explorer (I just threw up in my mouth).
- Sign up for Gamestar Mechanic & write down your password!
- Play Episode 1 of the Quest, Addison Joins the League.
- Post which game in Episode 1 (Naviron Adventure /Altair Journey / Acheron Gauntlet / Kakuri Mindbender) was your favorite to Edmodo & why.
- Play Episode 2 of the Quest, Addison Joins the League.
- If you've been ignoring the introductory comics up to this point. Make sure you read them on the next 2 episodes. You will use the information! This is a test.
- Play through Episodes 3 and 4 of Gamestar Mechanic's introductory quest, "Addison joins the league".
- Go do this.
- Then complete Episode 5 and post a link to your game on Edmodo.
Extra Time & Bonus Quests
- Your first bonus quest: Answer these questions for one of the serious games found here or a game you play often at home or both. Write your post on your blog and link to it on Edmodo.
-  You will learn & apply problem solving skills related to computer, application and network problems (FLEXIBILITY & ADAPTABILITY).
-  You will use online resources, such as the agenda, wiki, and videos, to guide & initiate your work (INITIATIVE AND SELF-DIRECTION).
-  Your work will remain focused on the tasks at hand and try to solve your own problems with the online resources and your seat partner (PRODUCTIVITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY).
-  You will use online networks to assist classmates and demonstrate appropriate & professional communications (LEADERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY).
-  You will use observations of examples of effective and ineffective design to develop strategies to improve communication, sustainability, and useability.
-  You will participate regularly in an online social environment for the purpose of professional and academic growth.
-  You will familiarize yourself with a host of online applications for productivity and creativity